Headrest has a great opportunity for a FT Residential Program Assistant in Lebanon, NH. This position advances Headrest’s mission by supporting residents in recovery from substance use disorder to complete their treatment goals and achieve successful re-entry into the community. If interested, please send resume and cover letter to Erin Masury at email@example.com.
Responsibilities and Specific Duties:
Direct Client Services
- In collaboration with other program staff and clients, ensure the safety of residents living at Headrest. Health and safety functions include but are not limited to: administering drug testing (urine analysis) upon intake and on-going random drug screening; supervising and documenting administration of residents’ medications in accordance with policies and procedures, supervising emergency building evacuations.
- Provides transportation as needed in the client’s treatment plan or program sanctioned activities in order for clients to access additional health and community services.
Supervise residents in overall house rules to ensure that all rules and assignments are consistently and fairly enforced.
- Provide back-up facilitation for house group meetings and document client participation.
- Maintains accurate and timely documentation of all client contacts according to Headrest practices and contractual obligations as directed by the Clinical Director.
- Attends and participates in periodic general staff meetings.
- Maintains the cleanliness of the Residential Office.
Headrest is a service organization with a relatively small number of employees, requiring flexibility and cooperation among all staff. Employees will need to complete other duties as assigned in order to provide quality community services.
- Experience in substance use disorder treatment in a residential setting preferred.
- Strong organization and communication skills.
- Physical Requirements: Ability to climb stairs (safety drills, etc); lift and carry up to 25 pounds. Hold a valid driver’s license in good standing in order to safely transport clients to appointments or meetings as needed.
This position receives administrative supervision from the Residential Program Coordinator. The Clinical Director provides clinical supervision as needed for both residential services and the employee’s professional development. This position is not responsible for any employee supervisory duties.