Headrest is looking for a PT VOCATIONAL EMPLOYMENT SPECIALIST! Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to Cameron Ford, Executive Director, at email@example.com.
Brief Position Description:
The Vocational Employment Specialist advances Headrest’s mission and vision by providing direct training to clients and employers. Training for clients consists of pre-employment activities and assessment, job development and placement, and employer interaction. This individual will also facilitate the development and maintenance of an employer advisory board to assist with developing successful strategies for placement and support of our clients.
Responsibilities and Specific Duties:
The Vocational Employment Specialist will work collaboratively with area employers to develop and provide employment opportunities to the Clients of Headrest and potential other community members through the City of Lebanon Human Services department.
Vocational Employment Services, provided in compliance with an Individual Service Plan (ISP), shall include but not be limited to:
- Job preparation, that includes Intensive Vocational Rehabilitation Services (IVRS);
- Job coaching
- Counseling regarding on the job challenges and successes
- Environmental support; and
- Adaptive skills teaching necessary for a client attempting to secure and retain employment.
A substantial amount of time will be spent at job sites, meeting with employers and employees, and assisting and transporting clients to job interviews and job sites. Working hours will be flexible. The Vocational Employment Specialist will need to be able to transport clients in their own automobile in some situations however, independence is always the priority.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or college or equivalent of education and work experience.
- Valid driver’s license required. Privately owned automobile with current auto insurance carrying a minimum coverage of 100,000/300,000 personal liability insurance mandatory. Current safety check and a clean driving record required. Driving abstract and proof of insurance required upon hire.
- Available to work flexible/adjustable hours to provide on-call support and response to after hours concerns and emergencies.
This position reports to the Executive Director.
Salary Level and Exempt Status:
This is an non-exempt position with a starting hourly wage of $18-25.