Headrest is looking for a PT HOTLINE COUNSELOR! Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to Executive Director, Cameron Ford, at email@example.com.
Brief Position Description:
The Hotline Counselor advances Headrest’s mission and vision by providing crisis intervention, suicide prevention services, and information and referral through the 24/7 Crisis Hotline (1-800-273-TALK). This position also provides support to the counseling and residential program.
Responsibilities and Specific Duties:
- Provide active listening, information and referral and intervention services to all callers, residents and walk-ins as appropriate
- Review previous contacts and conduct follow-ups as necessary
- Conduct phone screenings for individuals seeking other Headrest services
Counseling and Residential Program Support
- Participate in regular building safety measures including: fire drills, nightly resident check-ins
- Complete intake form for residential and counseling services
- Schedule Outpatient Counseling appointments
- Maintains timely and accurate documentation of all client contact according to Headrest procedures
- Functions as a receptionist for the agency including granting access to visitors, sending and receiving mail/packages on behalf of the organization.
- Previous experience in crisis intervention, suicide prevention, addictions treatment or other human services field preferred, but not required
- Completion of the Hotline Training Program or evidence of equivalent training
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work effectively in crisis situations
- Ability to climb stairs (safety drills, etc); lift and carry up to 25 pounds
Salary Level and Exempt Status:
This is a non-exempt PT (or per diem) position with a starting hourly wage of $14 depending upon related professional experience.